Combat Chronic Illness By Choosing Healthy Foods
Do you ever think about the quality of the food you eat? I hope so, because the food you eat impacts your immune system’s ability to eliminate chronic disease. You must become conscious about the food you eat if you want to have more energy, improve your health, and heal your body of chronic illness.
I am not talking about starting a specific diet. There is no one diet out there for everyone. Today, the world offers a wide variety of various diets to try...Paleo, Keto, Vegan, Vegetarian, Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, The Zone. The list goes on and on.
Instead of following a specific diet, why not become intentional about the foods you eat. Begin by looking at the ingredient list before you purchase any food. It’s really not that time consuming if you follow a few simple steps.
- Read the ingredient label
- Look for whole, real food ingredients
- Limit ingredient list to 7-8 ingredients
- Examine for added sugars - DO NOT BUY FOODS WITH ADDED SUGARS
- Identify ingredients that you cannot pronounce or identify - DO NOT BUY
- DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN WHOLE, REAL FOOD
Think about it! When you buy foods that have ingredients that you cannot pronounce or that you have no idea what an ingredient is, you have no idea what you are eating. It is like playing Russian roulette with your food. That is a very dangerous game to play with your health! You should know exactly what you are eating, period!
There are so many foods on the shelves today full of empty calories. These foods may taste great, but have absolutely no nutrients your body desperately needs to sustain life. Foods containing refined flour, added sugars, and unhealthy fats are not quality foods. Most provide little or no nutritional value. Poor quality food choices causes dysfunction in your body and prevent your body from performing as it should.
Quality foods are whole, nutrient dense foods. These foods are full of vitamins and minerals your body needs in order to live a healthy life and defeat chronic diseases in your body. Swap processed foods and fast foods for whole, nutrient-dense foods like those below.
- Rainbow colored vegetables (fresh greens, squash, zucchini, broccoli)
- Low sugar fruits (berries, apples, cherries, peaches)
- Lean meats and eggs (fresh fish, pastured raised meats & eggs)
- Nuts and seeds (sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, nut butters)
- Healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, avocado)
- Fresh herbs and spices
There are testimony, after testimony of people who have been healed from chronic disease after changing to a whole food diet. I am one of those people! When you make quality, nutrient-dense food choices, you will have mental clarity, increased energy, and overall improved health. Quality foods help your body function properly and you will reap the benefits for years to come through a vibrant, disease-free life. If you want to heal your body of disease, then become intentional about the food you eat!